Setup Guide Introduction READ ME

This setup guide is intended to be the easiest way to get online and playing without a headache. Please read this area first. What you need is universal regardless of what operating system your computer is running (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Raspberry Pi)

The easiest way that I have found is with everything connected via ethernet cables hard wired. Wifi and other wireless methods are supported but take a lot more IT skill and work arounds, so we will keep it as simple as possible.

What you need:

MechAssault 1:

Original Xbox

2 or 3 Ethernet Cables

Desktop Computer or Laptop

Copy of MechAssault 1 Platinum Hits Version IMPORTANT!!! Platinum Hits version is mandatory

Internet Connection that uses a Modem

MechAssault 2:

Original Xbox or Xbox 360

2 or 3 Ethernet Cables

Desktop Computer or Laptop

Internet Connection that uses a Modem

Step 1.

Connect your setup using either SETUP 1 EXAMPLE or SETUP 2 EXAMPLE

SETUP 1 EXAMPLE:
IMG_20180408_221233

This is the back of my cable internet modem. The majority of modems now eliminate the need for a router with multiple ports. I connect the Blue ethernet cable from the modem to the back of my Xbox and I connect the Green ethernet cable from the modem to my computer. That simple.

SETUP 2 EXAMPLE:

IMG_20180408_220818

This is example is if you have an internet modem that only has 1 port so therefore you need a router. I connected the yellow #2 ethernet cable from the single port on the modem to the segregated slot on my router. Typical routers have 4 ports and 1 segregated port. The Blue ethernet cable to my Xbox and to a port on the router. The Red ethernet cable to my computer and to a port on the router.

Picture of what an Ethernet Cable looks like.
IMG_20180408_220914

Step 2.

Download XLink Kai for your computers operating system.

IMG_20180408_223958